The North Division of Ranger Construction Industries, Inc. has received a $26 million contract to widen six-plus miles of I-95 in Volusia County.
The contract includes adding a third lane in each direction, milling and resurfacing the existing lanes, and building new shoulders. The job was bid as “A+B”, meaning Ranger’s 650-day estimate for completion was a weighted factor in the bid.
The project, which includes night work, runs from US-92 in Daytona to SR-40 in Ormond Beach. LeWare Construction has been subcontracted to reconstruct an I-95 bridge spanning SR-40 and to widen an existing bridge over the Tomoka River.
Other new projects for Ranger North include:
- Extensive site work for Reunion Village East, a residential development near Lake Buena Vista, for the Reunion Community Development District.
- Milling and resurfacing a portion of SR-535 in Orange County under a contract worth approximately $1 million with the FDOT.
- Milling and resurfacing a segment of Florida’s Turnpike in Orange County under a 120-day contract for $1.9 million.
- Milling and resurfacing a portion of SR-60 in Osceola County under an FDOT contract for approximately $800,000.
- Paving two taxiways at Sanford Airport under separate contracts with Craggs Construction and Hewitt Construction.